Green Card was Sent to Wrong Address

Here are some general suggestions for what to do if your green card was sent to the wrong address. It’s important to move right away to fix this problem. Here are some things to think about:

Talk to USCIS: Contact the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) as soon as possible to report the problem. You can start the process by going to their website or calling their customer service number.

File Form I-90. You may need to file Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, if you lost your green card or it was sent to the wrong address. With this form, you can ask for a new green card.

Provide Proof: USCIS may ask you to show proof of your claim, like a copy of the tracking information showing that the green card was sent to the wrong address.

Change Your Address: Make sure that USCIS has the right address for you. If the green card was sent to the wrong address because the address on file was wrong, you need to change it right away.

Contact the Postal Service: If the postal service sent the green card to the wrong address, go to your local post office to report the problem. They might be able to get the card sent to the right place.

Think about getting help from a lawyer. If you can’t solve the problem on your own, you might want to talk to an immigration lawyer. They can give you advice and help you get through the process.

Remember that every case is different, and it’s important to follow the instructions that USCIS gives. It’s also important to move quickly to keep your immigration status from getting messed up.