What is an I-212 Waiver?

Noncitizens who have been deported from the United States may not be able to acquire a visa. If you have been deported or triggered an inadmissibility bar and want to return to the U.S. legally, adjust your immigrant status, or seek other immigration benefits, this information about the I-212 Waiver is for you.  To read about specific Immigration Waiver, you can use the this article.

How do you come back? 

In this case, you need to apply for waiver in form I-212. Noncitizens who have been deported from the U.S. can apply to come back legally using this application. How long a noncitizen is considered inadmissible from reentering the U.S. depends on why and how long they stayed illegally in the country. The inadmissibility bars could be for 5, 10, 20 years, or even permanently.  

When do you need it? 

If you were deported from the U.S., or if you left with an active removal order, and you’re looking to reenter the U.S. legally now before the required time of inadmissibility is complete, you need to submit the I-212 Waiver Request before entering the U.S. Similarly, if you triggered the permanent bar and you spent over ten years outside the U.S. you may apply for readmission requesting an I-212 waiver.  

What you need to show to get it? 

In determining whether a person deserves an I-212 DHS considers the following:  

  1. The reason of deportation
  2. How much time has passed since you left the U.S.
  3. Having good moral character
  4. Showing respect for law and order
  5. Proof of reformation and rehabilitation
  6. Ties with family in the U.S.
  7. Any other type of inadmissibility
  8. The impact that it would have in you and your family if you are not able to return to the U.S.
  9. The need for your services in the U.S. 

You want to make sure you have the best chance possible to get your I-212 Waiver approved. The J. Molina Law Firm protects your American Dream. Book your appointment online or call us at (469) 708-5800.