J. Molina Law Firm

I Missed my Biometrics, What Can I Do?

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) can’t process your immigration case if you don’t show up for a biometrics appointment. Biometrics appointments are an important part of the immigration process. Fingerprints and photos are taken at these meetings so that background checks and identity checks can be done. If you don’t show up for your meeting, do the following:

Call USCIS: If you miss your biometrics appointment, you should call USCIS as soon as you know it. Tell them why you couldn’t make it to the meeting and ask if you can reschedule it.

Request a New Appointment: You may be able to ask USCIS to change the date of your biometrics session. Most of the time, they will give you directions on how to do this. You might have to explain the reason for your absence in writing and send it along with any supporting documents

Provide Proof: If you missed your meeting for a good reason, like a medical emergency or a conflict you couldn’t avoid, make sure to show USCIS proof, like a doctor’s note or other proof, to back up your claim.

Be Quick: It’s important to call USCIS as soon as possible and ask for a new meeting time. If you wait too long to deal with the problem, it could hurt your visa application.

Follow the instructions: If you need to reschedule your biometrics session, do what USCIS tells you to do. This could mean filling out a form, paying any fees that are needed, or giving more information.

Attend the Rescheduled meeting: If your biometrics meeting is rescheduled, make sure to go on the new date and time. If you don’t show up to the rescheduled meeting, it can make your application for immigration even harder.

Remember that if you miss a biometrics appointment, your immigration application could take longer to process. To avoid as many problems as possible, it’s important to deal with the issue quickly and follow USCIS’s directions. Because each case is different, it is also recommended to reach out to an Immigration Attorney to provide you with the best course of action!

Call Now Button